The power of III

Summum ius summa iniuria--More law, less justice
--Cicero.

09 December 2010

Quote of the Day 12/9

"I started and own a business that fits the category spoken about in this article. I couldn't say any of this reality better. I've hired (created) 160 jobs by diverting income into working capital and thinking of novel services that people want to purchase. And instead of celebrating this--all these employees pay taxes, buy homes and cars, send kids to college, etc....all courtesy of the business, all I get is more tax and regulation that is taking the working capital needed to do more of what we have done--provide good jobs for good people. They don't get it. So I'm planning to retire to my farm where I can cut wood for heat, be outdoors and not have to talk to lawyers all day and generally see a sunny sky that isn't encombured by yet another conference call with advisors who make livings by charging us high hourly fees to navigate this mess.

I give up."

Comment left 12/1/2010 by Wall Street Journal reader responding to an article entitled "The Dead Enders, even after their defeat, Democrats keep insisting on a tax increase"

Got Galt?

 

1 comment: